After doing our reading for this week, I have truly learned a great deal of information. I must say that this was truly an information packed week worth of reading.
I have also recently watched "Eat, Pray, Love" with Julia Roberts in it. I am not sure if many of you have seen it but it truly is a movie worth seeing! I could truly relate to Julia Roberts's role in the movie and believe that being able to travel and learn the things that she did would truly not only be inspirational but would be in itself a great movement towards finding inner happiness and balance.
I am very interested in learning a way to meditate and be able to relax the day and its worries away this way because unfortunately I feel very stressed as of lately and seem to not be able to sleep or relax my mind enough to get good sleep, even for the small amount of time that I do get some.
If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions for helping me, trust me, I would greatly appreciate them!
Hi Jen!! I am in a similar position as you, but I feel like I have been here for a while. I want better for myself, but I do not do what it takes to have it. I know the benefit meditation or even just calm relaxation time has for me, but I would rather take that time to plop in front of the TV :) I have done it in the past though, and I can say that you will feel a lot of benefit from some meditation/breathing before bed. There are inexpensive videos and CD that can guide you and help you clear your mind and relax your body. Doing this before bed will probably really help you sleep. Even a basic/beginner yoga CD could help. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Jen,
ReplyDeleteI have recently seen the movie, "Eat, Pray, Love". I was surprised that it did not get very good reviews. I enjoyed the movie myself. There was a time in my life where I came to a crossroad and decided to do some soul searching. I wish I could have taken a year and traveled to different countries like in the movie. I had to hit rock bottom first before I could pick myself up and begin another path. The movie had some really good life's lessons. I think change can be scary, but it can be a good thing too if people made a leap for it.
-808IslandGirl