Thursday, February 17, 2011

Final Thoughts for Unit 10.

On a scale from 1 to 10 for Unit 3, I scored myself as the following:
Physical 3 or 4, and I did not actually give a number to the other 2 areas. However, for this unit I would have say that my physical wellbeing is a 7 because I am pain free for the time being in my back after receiving another set of spinal injections. I am still incorporating small exercises that I can do in hopes to strengthen everything again and hope that my physical wellbeing will continue to get better.
Spiritually, I would say that I am at a complete 10. I have been in silent prayer and doing an abundant amount of meditation in the past couple of days because my very close friend’s mother that was put in ICU in December and got to come home has now passed away on Sunday, unfortunately. I have been in meditation to deal with my pain from the loss but also to reach out to my friend and her loved ones as they continue to go through the process of this loss.
Psychological, I would say that I am at an 8. I believe that I will continue to grow in this area, as well as the others while I continue on through my journey and may even have the scores keep changing as well. We do not know what life has in store ahead of us but we just have to keep going regardless of what it is. J
I have made progress towards my goals that I set in Unit 3 as I have stated above. I do small exercises that have been approved for me to do and simply take each day as it comes when dealing with my physical wellbeing. There are going to be good days and days that are not so good but to keep going is the only answer for that. Spiritually, I am doing very well because I use prayer as a way to help me utilize this part of my wellbeing and meditation gives me the time to reflect and still all of the mental chatter. Psychologically, I am continuing to grow and work toward finding the best balance for me. This journey is not one that I will accomplish overnight and I realize that.
My personal experience throughout this course has been abundant. I cannot say that I was a true believer when I first entered this class because I had my doubts, but I can honestly say that this course has been such an eye-opening and enjoyable experience for me. To be able to learn how to let everything dissipate into the thin air while meditating and be able to feel so relaxed, calm, and stress-free has truly been a blessing. Sometimes, it does not last through the entire day and I need to incorporate another session of meditation, I am still a lot less stressed out than I have ever been in my life.
I have offered to help my family members learn how to do the exercises and see if it can improve their lives as well. The world is a crazy place and there are people in it who are going to see fit to make our day be as negative as it possibly can be but when you can take those few minutes and drift away in your visualization to the beach or to a more happier time, then those people can never have that kind of control over your emotions, wellbeing, and mind anymore. J

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    Sorry to hear about your friends mom.
    I share your original thoughts of skepticism when I saw this class but it turned out to be quite helpful and eye opening. We are constantly evolving as humans and do until we die, and for all we know beyond that, but realizing how important each aspect of us is helps. We now have an insight into our deeper selves and the importance of taking care of all parts of the whole.
    You seem to have a good outlook and have a path to follow, so you're on your way. I wish you the best of luck and keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, your post is really beautiful and Im truly glad that the course made a believer out of you;) but more importantly helped you reduce stress both mentally and physically. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's mother. My best friend's mother passed away from brain cancer just before Christmas so I do understand. I'm glad to hear that you feel like you have made progress during the class. Hopefully we will all keeping learning, practicing and moving toward our own integral health. Maybe we will "meet" again in another class. I have really enjoyed sharing with you these past 10 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen,

    Keep making progress, that's all we can ask for. I also didn't start this term with a great understanding. An open mind is what I have achieved and it feels good. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great that you have offered to help your family learn how to do these exercises. I have shared them with my friend as well and cannot wait to learn more and share more! It sounds like this class has really helped and inspired all of us! Good luck with everything you do in the future!

    ReplyDelete